|This article is written from the|
|Real World point of view|
This article features notable quotes from The Twilight Zone creator, Rod Serling on a variety of subjects.
The quotes included in this list are assembled from interviews with Rod Serling from various sources. The list has been organized by topic.
- "I don't believe in reincarnation. That's a cop-out. . . . I anticipate death will be a totally unconscious void in which you float through eternity with no particular consciousness of anything." -(1975), in his last interview, four months before his death
War and peace
- "If you want to prove that God is not dead first prove that man is alive." -(1964), on peace
- "If survival calls for the bearing of arms, bear them you must. But the most important part of the challenge is for you to find another means that does not come with the killing of your fellow man." -(1968), Binghamton Central High School|Binghamton Community High School graduation address
- "I happen to think that the singular evil of our time is prejudice. It is from this evil that all other evils grow and multiply. In almost everything I’ve written, there is a thread of this: man’s seemingly palpable need to dislike someone other than himself." -(Los Angeles Times, 1967)
- "But bias and prejudice make me angry…more than anything." -(Last interview, 1975)
Notes and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Beringia Zen. The Dictionary of Unitarian and Universalist Biography: Rod Serling. Retrieved: 2009-05-08.