Mark Kneece is an American writer and professor at Savannah College of Art and Design.
In 1993, Mark Kneece, along with Bob Pendarvis and artist Bo Hampton, co-founded the sequential art department at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), on of the few schools offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees in sequential art.
As a professor at SCAD, he instructs students in script writing for comics. He also assists the students in the creation of projects such as illustrated anthologies to showcase their work. One such project is the Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone line of graphic novels being published in copperation with Walker Books. In the graphic novels, Mark works to adapt the stories originally written by The Twilight Zone creator, Rod Serling.
Before taking the job as an instructor at the college, Kneece gained experience in the subhect by working as a writer in the comics industry. He began his career in comics in 1987 with a story featured in the Pacific Comics' title Alien World and went on to write numerous comic series, including Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight.
Awards and honors
- 2009 - Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?, Walker Books
- 2009 - Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: The Big Tall Wish, Walker Books
- 2009 - Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: Death's Head Revisited, Walker Books
- 2009 - Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: The Midnight Sun, Walker Books
- 2009 - Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street, Walker Books
- 2009 - Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: The Odyssey of Flight 33, Walker Books
- 2008 - Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: The After Hours, Walker Books
- 2008 - Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: Walking Distance, Walker Books
- 2007 - Trailers, NBM Publishing
- 2004 - The Bristol Board Jungle, NBM Publishing
- 1998 - The Spirit: The New Adventures of the Spirit #3, "Ellen's Stalker", Kitchen Sink Press
- 1998 - Batman: Other Realms, DC Comics
- 1997 - Atlantis, Wesleyan Publishing House
- 1996 - NBM Sampler, "Verdilak", NBM Publishing
- 1992 - Legends of the Dark Knight #36, "Destiny, part 2", DC Comics
- 1992 - Legends of the Dark Knight #35, "Destiny, part 1", DC Comics
- 1991 - 2000+ #7, "Dave's Dilemma", Epix
- 1990 - Clive Barker's Hellraiser #2, "The Threshold", Marvel Comics
- 1987 - Alien World, Pacific Comics
- 1985 - Alien Encounters #11, ""Dave's Dilemma", Eclipse Comics
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Philip Schweier. "Sequential Art at SCAD." Comic Book Bin, Version: February 9, 2004. Retrieved: July 9, 2009.
- ↑ Bloomsbury Publishing. "Mark Kneece biography." Retrieved: July 9, 2009.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Walker Books. "Mark Kneece." Walker Young Readers. Retrieved: July 9, 2009.
- ↑ SCAD. . Retrieved: July 9, 2009.