"The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" was a The Twilight Zone graphic novel, published by Walker Books.
Description from Walker Books:
"Maple Street—late on a Saturday afternoon a mysterious flash of light results in a power outage. But this is no ordinary power failure, and the neighbors on Maple Street will soon find themselves in the dark with an enemy of their own creation . . . in the Twilight Zone."
The graphic novel series by Walker Books, as part of their young readers line, adapts stories written by The Twilight Zone creator, Rod Serling for the iconic television series. The series began in October, 2008, with the publication of graphic novel treatments of the episodes "The After Hours" and "Walking Distance". New adaptations for other memorable original stories were released in the spring and summer of 2009.
- Created by Rod Serling
- Adapted by Mark Kneece
- Illustrated by Rich Ellis
- Language: English
- Nationality: USA
- Product codes:
- Size: 6-5/8" x 10"
A strange flash in the sky at the same time of a power outage caused a neighborhood to wonder who is responsible.
Response and analysisEdit
Kirkus Reviews credited the graphic novel for its pacing through Ellis' artistic use of panels. The review also praised the creative team for successfully adapting the story without losing the creepiness of the original television episode. Booklist agreed, adding that "It's a tribute to Serling's classic show that the tales hold up so well in a new form." 
Notes and annotationsEdit
- The story in the graphic novel was based off of the original story written by Rod Serling, famously featured in The Twilight Zone TV series episode of the same name.
- "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street", the original story as aired in the episode from the original TV series
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ "Reviews for Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street." Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved: July 8, 2009.
- ↑ "Reviews for Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street." Booklist. Retrieved: July 8, 2009.
- Walker Books. "Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone: The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street." Walker Young Readers. Retrieved: July 8, 2009.