This was the fourth issue in the 1962 The Twilight Zone comic series, published by Gold Key Comics
- Main article: The Twilight Zone (Gold Key)
This issue was published in color as a saddle-stitched pamphlet on newsprint. The size was typical of Standard Silver and Modern Age comics and consisted of 36 pages, including ads. The cover was dated August, 1963 and priced at twelve cents (American).
This issue contained five stories—four fully illustrated and one in text format—accompanied by two fact sheets (part of the "Keys of Knowledge" feature series) and a pin-up reproduction of the painted cover. Each of the illustrated stories was introduced by Rod Serling as the Narrator.
- THE TWILIGHT ZONE, No. 4, August 1963. Published quarterly by K.K. Publications, Inc., Poughkeepsie New York, in cooperation with Golden Press, Inc. Application for second-class entry pending at Poughkeepsie, New York. Subscription price in the U.S.A. 45¢ per year; foreign subscription 75¢ per year; Canadian subscriptions 60¢ per year. All rights reserved throughout the world. Authorized edition. Designed, produced and printed in the U.S.A. by Western Printing & Lithographing Co. Copyright © 1963, by Cayuga Productions, Inc.
- Keys of Knowledge: "Electricity #1 The Ancients and the Early Experimenters"
- "The Secret of the Key"
- "Experiment in Purple"
- "The Captive"
- "The Ordeal of Bluebird 3"
- "Trail of Tears"
- Keys of Knowledge: "Electricity #2 Lightning Conductors"
- Cover Pin-up
- Type: Pin-up, 1 page
- Credits: ? (Painter)
- Summary: Reproduction of the front cover art with text removed
Notes and references
- Bob Klein and Mike Tiefenbacher. "The Twilight Zone no 4 (1962 series)." Grand Comics Database. Retrieved: July 5, 2009.